PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 22:28
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DozyWanabee
Sometimes I really wish I'd taken French alongside German - it'd make this so much easier.
Sometimes Iself really wish I'd taken English alongside German as first foreign language - it'd make this so much easier.
Specialy here, where we are walking on eggs.
I shall take some time to write my answer in English.
Already Thank you to Hazelnuts39 and Chris Scott for analysing these sequence over the bosquet, to gums for global analyse of the flight, to Dozy for the interest he finds now in that forum who could never take place since 25 years, for any reason. Thank you to Conf_iture who shows us that not retired pilots are not all ectoplasms, to John who allowed that forum to exis, and to all the excellent contributors, and to the followers.

My last posts don't want to comment the crash itself (I removed my pilot's cap) but what did me wonder as computer guy, as it may be a chapter of factors in the lessons to learn from Habsheim. But we need a good analysis of the facts.

Just a word about Venet :
He did the mentioned declaration during the first Trial, answering to the President of the Court (dec 1997) . When he says "We" it means himself and Belotti.
Retired AF airline pilot, and former (elected by the members) President of the SNPL the most important pilots Union in France. That does not make him the Devil! Pilots are never on the ground... and sleep (after night flight) when ground People are working hard in Office, etc. We know that old story between Navigants and Rampants So pilots need to be represented in Unions when they are not on the ground, despite someone don't like existence of Unions.

Four enquiries have been done :
1. 27. june 1988 BEA : President Bechet, Gonin, Auffret, Farthouat, Arslanian, Gourguechon, Villeneuve
2. Judiciary expertise from the Juge d'instruction Mrs Marchiani : Auffray and Bourgeois
3. 11.january1990, from Mrs Marchiani, two supplementary experts : Venet and Belotti
4. 28. june 1988, Air France investigation Commission :
Richer the President, Vuillard, Gauthier, Merloz, Bourbon, Conrozier and prof. Org. (Chatelain, Scattolin, Thiébaut, Brédy, Edelbloude)

Last edited by Jetdriver; 13th Feb 2014 at 13:24.