PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian A320neo order
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 20:26
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexander De Meerkat

The "some reason" I am not very well disposed to EYZ has something to do with the way they have acted.

I was commuting a lot to Spain and at the time my wife was very ill ( and died later) one night EZY bumped me off a flight to the UK because they said it was full, they offered me a hotel and €250 compensation, less than the statutory €400 for a flight of the distance in question. This left me having to sort out someone to be with my wife at 22:00 at night and caused a great deal in the way of family problems with her sister having to drive a considerable distance at a very late hour. To be fair to the EZY complants department they did go a long way to adressing the financal issues.

While not altogether happy I was content that they had done all they could after the event to redress the balance................... Then on my very next flight with EZY they try the same stunt, they tell me I'm off loaded and offer the incorrect compensation !!! Fortunately I had the previous flights email conversation with the complants department with me, showing this to the gate staff got me on the aircraft and no doubt some other passenger was offloaded in my place.

I except the terms of travel, if I don't turn up in good time for a flight I get offloaded and I loose the money, but if I turn up on time I expect there to be a seat to sit on. Clearly overbooking has become EZY practice and as such I try to avoid doing business with them as they can no longer be trusted to provide the travel I have paid for.