PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello! Central Scotland PPL - where to go?
Old 12th Feb 2014, 19:31
xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Much as it hurts me to say it (ouch!), if your dream is along the CPL route, then probably best to go for the EASA SEP.

But first, have a look at gapan.org and their assessment days and go and get a Class One medical at Gatwick. If you can't get that, have a rethink. (and give me a call!).

I have a medical from the RAF saying I am permanently medically unfit for pilot, navigator, air crew, ground crew, RAF Regiment, ATC and photo-reconnaisance. Yet I still own an airfield, run a flying school and examine! So, as I say, and do, don't give up!

If you'd like to own an aircraft -after getting a licence (there are funny rules about training on LAA/ permit-to-fly aircraft) - then don't buy a Certificate of Airworthiness aircraft. The maintenance - and fuel - bills will kill you and your enthusiasm.

There are great deals like this - albeit at Prestwick:

Light Aircraft, Eurostar 100hp, Share Price Reduced For Quick Sale, Shares & Groups, advert ID=23584

(The owner lost his Kitfox in our hangar fire and bought this share until he acquired a new Kitfox, which he now has. So a great deal.)

On the same site - run by a Strathaven pilot, as it happens - there are loads of items of interest. And we'll be glad to hangar any of the lighter (basically Rotax 912 powered ones) or more unusual ones (like the Isaacs Fury Light Aircraft, Isaacs Fury Ii , For Sale, advert ID=28401), at Strathaven.