PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas vertical promotion
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2003, 16:18
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FFRATS, no offence to the Classic (or the 767) intended. The point I was trying to illustrate includes the fact that there are people who DO have the capacity for vertical promotion on all types, and type-rating is not necessarily an indication of ability or experience.

I'll try not to buy into the argument about no. of sectors, etc. Most skippers on the -400 are not as bad as some would believe for giving away sectors/support, unless you happen to only fly with Captains doing SYD-LAX-SYD patterns and nothing else (in which case you are well on the way to brain atrophy regardless).

Nevertheless, the logic behind the FSO is fundamentally flawed. And while it won't affect me, I HATE illogical or inconsistent rules and procedures.

In fact, last night I was simultaneously thinking of the permutations of the vertical promotion issue while attempting to reconcile the topic of 'F/Os minima' when I started frothing at the mouth and bleeding from the ears. It was at that point I realised my brain circuitry had gone into complete meltdown. I now need to rest. Perhaps I'll go and stare at my goldfish tank.