PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 14:25
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GROUNDHOG

There was no personal attack? Not that I can see anyway. You said it isn't being paid for out of my pocket, but it actually is just as much my pocket as yours.
Why should I post any of my personal details on here for all and sundry to see?
You do seem to add in extra snippets for me, like lecturing you on starting up & running companies. But how do you know I'm not qualified to comment? Not that I did comment on that. But one thing that is relatively certain, if central government sees a surplus of £3m in CCC's budget should the airport disappear then I would rather suggest that budget would be cut, so CCC wouldn't have it to spend anyway.

As for how to do it, I don't know how to do it, not without access to any accounts/budgets/projections etc etc, but you're right, we both want the same thing and that is for the airport to survive and be a sustainable business, but we both know it's being subsidised by £3m per year, we both know this is not ideal, we both know it's not going change for the foreseeable future.I don't have the answers just the same as you don't, and it's blatantly obvious the incumbent CEO doesn't either. Does that mean it has to close? Does that mean it cannot be made sustainable in the future? Does that mean we all have to give up on it? Not from where I'm sat it doesn't.