PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 14:19
On the Spot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ceased Trading

I received a pdf of a letter confirmed the cessation but also saying that there were no funds to undertake a voluntary liquidation and so they are waiting for a debtor to start the winding up procedure for them.

text below with apols for format loss:-

I hope this finds you well.

This letter is to notify you of the current position with regards to the account for Proviation Ltd.

We believe we have been heavily targeted in recent times by those wishing to harm the company’s reputation, and ongoing strained relations with our merchant card services providers over the last 12 months.

We had our second merchant account terminated in October when the business was re-assessed prior to Christmas 2013, and we could not agree to the harsh restrictions. Unfortunately following a 3 month review with our current merchant, based on the lack of trading history, and a recent spate of eight charge-backs caused by website-server, our current merchant account terminated. Our store is restricted on what platforms we can take payment through, and these have been exhausted.

The extensive damage caused by merchant account holds and closures in the past 18 months has placed the business in a particularly precarious position, and a Catch-22, wherein we are unable to build sufficient trading history with a merchant in order to build a valuable relationship.

It is with sincere and deepest regret that I must inform you that Proviation Ltd has now been rendered insolvent and must cease trading with immediate effect. This is the most difficult decision imaginable, but has been forced upon me, and is the right thing to do in respect of my legal responsibilities as Director.

Unfortunately due to the recent difficult times, the Company has no available funds to appoint an insolvency practitioner to thereby initiate a voluntary liquidation. As sole director and as a family which depended on the business solely for our livelihoods, we have not taken sufficient wage, nor have disposable assets available to fund this personally. As there is HMRC debt, we expect that HMRC will initiate the winding-up proceedings through the High Court, or we invite a creditor to proceed with this on this route.

We do sincerely thank you with the utmost gratitude for your support of Proviation, and trust that on balance our relationship was a profitable one. Please know that I have done everything possible to build a successful and long-lasting business, and I sincerely regret this position. I wish you all the very best in your own company.

Yours sincerely,

Nick Ross