PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 13:46
GROUNDHOG

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Deano - Why the personal attack, my 'assumption' was more of a rhetorical question, which you feel you could not answer in an open forum, sorry I forgot to put a question mark at the end of it.

Yes you are exactly right that is precisely how it works, for me, for you and for the man in Cumbria, so if I see £3 million a year being spent inefficiently of course I am going to question it? CCC is the elected representative of the Cornish people, voted for by us, my level of Council Tax is set by them and if there is £3m to be spent in a better way so much the better.

Do not try to lecture me on livelihoods please or the responsibility of employees or starting and running companies, I have the T shirt, the sleepless nights etc, thanks.

Why would I want to see Newquay fail? I would love to see three flights a day to Heathrow again and a million people a year flying in and out of the place but we have to be realistic. If I could use it more I would.

Bottom line is that we want the same thing, we both want to protect our interests in having a productive facility but the question to be answered is how to do it?

Re the question about the airport CEO, I am sure he is worth every penny of his salary and bonuses. My question might be, do you really need Christiano Ronaldo as striker for the village football team? Having carried out due diligence on many companies over the years I have yet to meet one that could not make great savings when viewed objectively. I would happily do this at no charge to CCC, just pay the team 10% of the amount we save in the first year - my Mercedes is a couple of years old now so due for a change.

Last edited by GROUNDHOG; 12th Feb 2014 at 13:56.