PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 757
Thread: Boeing 757
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 12:57
Curious Pax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pax britanica
As a slight distraction anyone here doesn't feel that the wonderful 75 is about as handsome as any airliner built , and such take off performance -even as Pax, it must have been a lot of fun up front especially with the two RRs making that wonderful close to flat out noise..
PB
I was lucky enough to get a flightdeck trip on a BA 757 from Heathrow to Schiphol one evening a few years ago (pre-2001 of course). For such a short trip I guess we were pretty light, so ATC invited us to go over the inbound stacks rather than under as was the norm. (I think they termed it "can you be at FL120 by such and such a point" but I understood to amount to the same). I don't remember how quickly we were up over 12000 feet, but it didn't take long. As fog had been forecast for Schiphol (but hadn't materialised when we got there - was as clear as a bell) the captain asked me to decide if they should do an autoland or a manual. Naturally never having seen an autoland closeup I asked for that, which was kindly obliged.

A truly memorable ride due to the hospitality of the flightdeck crew, such a shame that I won't get the experience again.