PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian A320neo order
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 10:19
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but at this juncture I am sticking to my view that Norwegian are doing a great job at taking on the lo-co companies but will fail in the end
The problem with this board is it is sometimes too UK-centric.

DY has been around longer than EZY, has gone about doing what it is good at slowly but surely and can ultimately retreat to a region of the world where you can only get from one end of the country to the other by air (not quite true but....).

Doesn't strike me as a recipe for failure? Nobody needs to go by air in the UK....unless you're trying to get to Cornwall.

But you'd be forgiven for thinking some of the contributors to this board were accountants not pilots. Wishing DY success in reversing the decline that FR and EZY have foisted on pilots T&C's here in the UK is surely desirable?

As for the myopic "only the shareholders views count", thats one of the reasons our country suffers from chronic short-termism, whether it be the pensions industry, infrastructure spending, mortgage provision, re-balancing our economy etc etc

Frankly, its pathetic. Big institutional gains are the ordinary populations loss. Channel 4 news yesterday....RBS GRG Group purposely driving small businesses into the ground.

We need to be doing whats good for ALL of us not just powerful shareholders, especially in an international world.

Meanwhile, the Norwegian SWF is the largest in the world....