PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 09:58
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not good to assume, GROUNDHOG. All you need to know is that it is in my direct interest, along with alot of people I know that the airport remains open.

As for paying for it out of your pocket, how does that work then? Does it work in the same way that you are paying for all the idle layabouts that don't work? The same way you're paying for the all the benefit cheats, the £m's of aid given away to foreign countries, the inept way the NHS is run, the list goes on. You're no more paying for it out of your pocket than some guy in Cumbria is paying for it. You're also paying for a myriad of things that this government shouldn't be paying for but you choose to single out the airport. It goes alot deeper than subsidies, this is people's livelihoods and families you are dealing with, and if the airport closes it is those people on the sh** end of the stick that will be affected the most.

Expand the terminal further and create a £10m loss? Where did this little gem come from? The airport terminal is plenty big enough for the flights it handles and is nowhere near at full capacity. To answer your question I'd rather than losses didn't get any bigger and that they do everything they can to mitigate them and grow the business so that people's livelihoods are secure. They can make a start by ensuring the CEO doesn't give himself another massive payrise.