PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern trainee bangs up a Grob - Merredin
Old 12th Feb 2014, 07:16
Chocks Away

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeh, yuh finished yet?
Damn, have a Valium pal!
You have some big chips on your shoulder and skepticism over a place you apparently call home -Australia. You have read what you wanted to read or what you THOUGHT I was saying and gone on a tantrum... falling into the same trap as those earlier in the piece saying I was racist over Chinese... you are "calling the racist card"!
Lets get things straight:

The SFO pilots you are talking about were Koreans - completely different paternalistic culture to the Chinese, blah blah blah
DER ...since when did I say they were Chinese?

Middle-class white Australia never saw the Japs coming...
...and saw things in the 80s and 90s you obviously have never imagined. Long before there were mobile phones or modern commuter trains.
etc etc. Relevance? We're discussing current times please.

...so why perpetuate the "myopic little Chinaman with the funny walk and talk" stereotype
... you're doing a good job of this not me! Reread my posts and note references to other countries and the use of "etc"!

The Japanese I've flown with have been good... "
honed on video games (and motorsport)...
but younger generations seem too reliant on the "magenta line", like many other countries.

Generalising about something (or someone) you plainly don't understand or have little experience with is not only embarrassing, it obscures the real debate. Annecdotes are not facts
...just like you're generalising about me pal eh? Anecdotes? Fine, if that's your opinion but these are facts littered all through the crash mags and the potential bain of many a Training Dept, if not already onto it. Here's one recent effort already attributed to handling skills.

To finish, I'll re-iterate:"My comments served only to try and broaden the discussion. Thanks for your input.