PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commuting
Thread: Commuting
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 06:52
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You can't ignore a rule/principle just because it suits you on one day, and then reverse it because it doesn't suit you on another.
Agreed, and I also take the point that associations have rightly fought hard to include positioning in the FDP.....however..., talking of ignoring principles:

In the OP's case, under his company's new (proposed?) rule set it would be illegal for him to drive to an airport, to sit down the back and subsequently operate.

However under the new rule set he can drive to an airport, sit down the back and subsequently operate........

I agree that some commuters take the **** but in my experience that includes both some of those that travel by air and some of those that travel by road, rail and tube (who when questioned will say "ah, but I sleep on the train" or " ah, but I stop at the motorway services for a catnap", ), but those that travel into work by air are definitely easier to monitor (if they travel with their own airline) and an easier target.

All that said I have no idea what you do about it, some companies will no doubt favour the sort of ban described by the OP, and it's sure to become higher profile under the new regs.....

Last edited by wiggy; 12th Feb 2014 at 07:52.