PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for pilots to test new pilot app
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2014, 00:39
igarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New version 4 - make sure app store has promulgated the new version before installing

In light of a number of pilots dislike of allmetsat in the preferences there is now an option to use an alternative provider

However - if your in Mainland Europe the whole app has a new European wide mode, this not only turns off allmetsat but also gives you a different full EU wide rain radar from the main menu.

Loading a TAF or Metar now automatically gives you notams for that field, if using the alternative to allmetsat or EU mode turned on.

After Piper.Classique's feedback, in preferences you can set the link on main menu -'Home Taf and Metar' to any url you like, however I hope the new Taf Metar page I've used is so good you might not need to

Piper.Classique re Olivia, there is a new flight planning menu, in here is a link to the Controlling authority full notams page, in the uk ours is caa / nats site as is the default but you can change yours in the preferences to Olivia's URL

Also in flight planning is a notams link for ICAO and a 3 hour rain prediction for all EU

@ all - can I ask what the most common calculation you do in daily flying, ie fuel lbs to us galls to kg to ltrs etc
speed - distance - time
adding hours up
max drift / cross wind / heading correction calcs
fuel burn / endurance calculations
etc ?
Want to add something to make pre-flight planning easier

no flying for me tomorrow due to be gusting 55 kts slightly over my ac limits