PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2014, 23:35
Danny42C

Smudge,

Your:
"different" side to the people nominated by our political leaders as "non friendly"! Your post shows it's not a new phenomena".

I'll not repeat all Kipling's words on this, but there is "no sense in 'ating those/'oom you are paid to kill" at the end of the day, after all. And then there are people (the ones we fought for centuries on the NW Frontier), who became the "goodies" as Muhajadeen and now are the "baddies" as the Taliban.

What goes around, comes around !....D.

Coffman Starter,

Pity he'd have to steam it off the map ! (Reminds one of the old zebra joke)....D.

clicker,

Puts me on my mettle now ! I said (in #5123): "Not only CAoWW2 seem to be in a deep fog over the A-35B. To refresh my memory, I Googled it up and found such a mishmash of contradictory information (on specifications and performance figures) that I gave up in despair".

Will now fall back on memory and the only authority I have to hand ("Vengeance" by Peter C. Smith (1986) - published by Airlife Publishing Ltd (ISBN 0 906393 65 5) - from whom I may quote (hope this will be regarded as a sufficient acknowledgement for any text "lifted")

This may take some time. "Stand by one !" Cheers, all. Danny.