PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for pilots to test new pilot app
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2014, 19:56
Piper.Classique

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Ian, I would normally use either Olivia for Notams, especially as it also links to the Meteo France website aviation section, if I have a decent size screen. That's free, and is what most club members use. I have a paid subscription to topmeteo, which has options for a mobile site which works better on a phone screen.
I also use an app called Aviation weather with decoder, which is good for grabbing a quick TAF or METAR, and also does NOTAMS.
I don't know where it grabs the met feed from. It looks as if Aviation Tools uses the same feed.

I use the UK met office site when flying in the UK, but mostly topmeteo when elsewhere, as not many sites I have found do reliable forecasts once further east than Germany or south of the Alps.
Besides, I have already paid for it

Your first site is fine on a tablet despite the ads, but a real struggle on a phone.
The universal weather won't let me past the first page, and won't let me register to use it.
I would be happy to just have a way to grab the TAFS etc, and a customizable link to my favourite site. I can live with doing my own login

Thanks for all the effort you are putting in to this!