PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right to bear arms (Split Duh!)
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2003, 07:24
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up It depends on where you live.

I M Esperto says that in New Jersey you can’t own a handgun. When I worked in Alabama I was eligible at six months to not only purchase a gun I could get a carry permit. Since I already owned a gun all I had to do was register it and apply for the permit. When I worked in Indiana I was eligible to purchase a handgun with six months residency. When I lived in Montana I purchased a Ruger 45 caliber automatic. I had to fill out the Brady forms, which were faxed, to the County Sheriff for filing and investigation of my background. I asked the gun storeowner what the Sheriff did with the papers. I was told he filed them in the wastebasket. I asked why and was told first of all the Sheriff was totally against the Brady Bill and secondly the Federal Government did not provide the necessary funding for the background investigation.

Note: Just about everybody in Montana carries a gun or has one in his car or pick-up or, both.
In Texas the bars have signs that state it is unlawful to bring a handgun onto the premises.