PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2014, 16:53
PaulKerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This one was posted on the 6th of Feb 2013 by some bloke called Paul Kerry.
It was, of course flagged within moments of refusing Nick's bribe to remove it and was eventually reinstated.

Utterly dreadful beyond belief
My experience mirrors the other bad experiences here. "In-stock items" not in stock, emails and phone calls ignored, promises to contact me not kept.

I've lost count of the number of emails and phone-calls I've made to this company chasing the remainder of an order I placed a month ago for items which were supposed to be in-stock according to their website.

It seems (from an email I received telling me that the items were not in stock some days after I placed the order) that they are drop-shipping rather than stocking the items themselves and once they had my money it took the threat of an order cancellation to get them to actually do anything. I chased and chased the order and only after telling them that if I had to chase it again, I would cancel, did they instruct the suppliers to ship part of my order (the rest to follow within a day or two.... still waiting... still chasing).

The latest email from the company asked me for my telephone number so that they could contact me. They have my telephone number and they most certainly have my email address. However, it was dutifully supplied once more and still no contact from them.

One of the items I ordered is not as listed on their site. The item described on their site is no longer produced and the spec of the later model does not meet the spec of the original (even though the picture they show is of the "Mk III" version of the product, the listing describes the original). They've been told... but... who cares? As long as they keep being given money by those of us who believe the hype and don't check for themselves, they don't need to change anything, right?

I ordered a kit from them which was supposed to be provided with a power-supply - It's listed on their site as part of the kit and is a necessary item in that kit. If I were buying those items separately, I would have had to have bought the PSU to make the entire setup work correctly and I already knew this before I placed the order. They decided not to ship it, telling me that it isn't needed.

Besides the PSU, I'm still waiting on the last component of that kit - an item priced at over £100 which they've since listed on their site as being on special offer and... you guessed it... AVAILABLE...!
So, where's the one for which I have paid if they are available? The wording on their site is misleading - "available from stock" - just not THEIR stock or their supplier's; their competitor's.

They've lost my custom. I won't be placing any further orders with this company because their promises and their website cannot be trusted.
Also, if you look at their website, you'll see that they are proudly showing a 5 green star "EXCELLENT" TrustPilot rating and displaying nothing but 5 star reviews from as recently as 5th of February - That doesn't seem honest to me. I don't see a 5 green star status here. It's currently sitting at 6.9 - "Acceptable" and they are fully aware of the situation given the number of times they come here to make pathetic excuses and make it appear as if their failings are someone else's fault. Their website should be reflecting reality, not wishful thinking, a snake-oil pitch and utter distortions of the truth.

Empty promises, worthless excuses and hollow apologies are useless to me.
I simply want the items for which I have paid approximately £800. That's not too much to ask from a reputable and respectable company, is it? So, when I come to buy my avionics suite - I'll go to one instead of buying from Proviation... or as I now call them, Bloviation.

No doubt, they'll post here in vehement defence of their reputation yet again, but if they got their act together in the first place, they wouldn't have to - Look at how many times they've received reviews just like this one. This is a pattern and it is symptomatic of a company that over-promises and under-delivers. This does not show a committment to customer care.

I wish that instead of trusting what they CLAIMED was on this site, I'd actually READ this site before giving them any money.
It's time for them to be investigated by Trading Standards, I think.

++++++++++
UPDATE

I received a phone-call from Proviation within about five minutes of posting this review and they shipped one of the missing components that day which leads to the question - "Why wasn't it shipped previously?"
The response to this review, provided by Proviation is untruthful.
No PSU was ever sent and no items were provided as a better alternative.
I've had nothing but poor excuses blaming everyone else for the failings of Proviation and I've been asked and even offered a bribe to remove this review. He seems to be more concerned about his reputation and his source of revenue than customer care.

See all those reviews which have been flagged as being in violation of TrustPilot terms and conditions? Those are the damaging one-star reviews that Proviation don't want YOU to read. By flagging those, he puts them out of circulation for long enough that they don't show until they've fallen off the bottom of the first page and some may never return if the person who posted it cannot provide TrustPilot with the documentation they request because he has deleted the email proving that he is a genuine Proviation victim... I mean, "customer". If you leave a really hard-hitting, one-star review, the chances are that Proviation will flag it if you cannot be bribed into removing it. or changing it.
You don't believe me? Try it for yourself. Post a scathing, one-star review that does not violate T&C and prove to yourself that Proviation is abusing TrustPilot.

Last edited by PaulKerry; 11th Feb 2014 at 17:41.