PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Jobs in Canada
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2014, 16:47
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flydive1

We in Canada enjoy an abundance of well qualified, experienced, and with a variety of type ratings, pilots who have in excess of several thousand quality hours who are more than employable by Canadian carriers. Some of our 'game playing' Canadian airline employers are using obscure laws, technicalities, stretching the interpretation of those laws, ignored by inept politicians in an effort to avoid paying for the training of many of those well qualified Canadian pilot applicants and, instead, allowing them to recruit foreign pilots who are taking the rightful place of a Canadian pilot who should have first right of refusal of those jobs.
Sadly, that isn't happening.

That's why we have a government and government departments to ensure our laws are enforced. This is NOT being done at present and as a Canadian, I can tell you it's simply wrong.

Unemployed foreign pilots outside of Canada need not look to our country for employment without the legal right to do so. Anymore than I shouldn't be allowed to take up employment in Europe without the legal right to do so. And I can tell you European airlines are short of pilots right now. The day our pilot supply is no longer what it is will be the day employment of non-Canadian pilots will acceptable through necessity. Not before.

Very simple concept to grasp, eh?
Willie