PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2014, 16:31
India Four Two

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts
Hi Martin,

Welcome to PPRuNe. Sorry it is under such unhappy circumstances.
Luckily, before the "flag fairy" got to your post, I made a copy, which cannot be "got at" here.

Bobby9768
4 Reviews

7 minutes ago
A TOTAL CON

10th Dec 2013
I ordered 11 Avpad kneeboards for our unit to a total of £609.95. On the same day I received my order confirmation and was told that not all were in stock, but would I agree to the remainder being ordered in. I was told the second lot would be with Proviation in about 7 days and they would all be shipped together. On the same day Proviation debited the full amount…….
16th Dec 2013
I was asked if the order was very urgent as they were trying to get things needed for X-mas sent off first. I informed them that delivery of the order was not a X-mas present.
7th Jan 2014
Told they were still waiting for their US distributor, but would get back ASAP with delivery time. Informed them the items were now needed.
13th Jan 2014
As no update received I enquired by email, but got no reply. Consequently on
15th Jan 2014
I tried to do a live chat, but as I was left waiting up to 20 minutes between answers I gave up and sent them an email demanding info re delivery of the goods – now urgently needed. They replied in an email that it would be best if they shipped in two lots, which I agreed with.
29th Jan 2014
No Avpads, no info, no nothing….. Managed to get a live chat and informed them in forceful terms that the limit had been reached. Consequently on the same day Nick Ross the owner wrote a long email with a sob story about being a family company and being let down by their suppliers. I gave him two days to find an alternative supplier with the goods in stock (I could find several on the internet in 2 minutes). If not forthcoming I expected him to reimburse me my money.
31st Jan 2014
Now the excuse was high winds in the US delaying everything (what an imagination – he should write a soap opera) – I gave him three more days.
3rd Feb 2014
No info until I wrote to them and Nick informed that the goods were 3-4 days from being in stock with themselves.
7th Feb 2014
Late in the evening, still no info from Proviation so consequently I sent them an email. Their answer? Their office had been offline which had taken up a lot of their time!!!!! Told him I was not interested in his IT problems, only in getting my goods or my money.
10th Feb 2014
Chased them by email. No reply
Well so far no goods and no money, despite repeated demands. This company is an absolute fraud. Try and search for the company on PPRUNE (a forum for pilots – there is a 26 page entry for Proviation). I have on several occasions mentioned the Small Claims Court to them. Maybe Proviation believes that as an overseas customer I do not have access to a UK address (and therefore the SSC). Well they are wrong, and the SCC is my next step.
I will never, ever buy anything from them again. They are a total con and I can only advise other people to STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY.
Good luck with the SCC.