PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Jobs in Canada
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2014, 09:17
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flydive1

Now I understand what you were trying to say.

When you understand the business to a somewhat higher degree you'll see how ridiculous your suggestion that Canadian pilots working overseas is somehow the same as foreigners working in Canada. It's not the foreigners fault for taking jobs in Canada at the moment, by the way. It's our government that's to blame for allowing it in the first place. What can I tell you about politicians you don't already know?
I won't waste time trying to explain it to you, but rest assured as long as countries other than Canada suffer in pilot supply, Canadians willing to work outside Canada will continue to do so and will likely be welcomed by their hosts. Been there, done that and Canadian pilots aren't going to be shipped home any time soon because of the protectionist attitudes of Canadian pilots who'd like to preserve something of a home industry.

To the contrary my friend, in Canada at the moment, we are not in short supply and as a consequence don't need to import talent. That's how simple both the situation and explanation is and I dare say you shouldn't need a simpler explanation than that.

Foreigners are most certainly welcome in Canada when the time comes. That time hasn't come yet, but then you should be bright enough to have figured all of this out.

Do try to keep up?

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 11th Feb 2014 at 09:29.