PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2014, 02:40
jumpseatCAPT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eric900

Let me help you with something you might have learnt (or not) in your university learnings, it's called the Process of Elimination. It may sound like rocket science but it's really not, please stay calm.

There are 3 options, Simulator Instructor, First Officer, and Second Officer. Let's look at the first option: Simulator Instructor.
Simulator Instructor
A little snooping around on your potential employer's website yields miraculous results! Amazing ain't it? It says here that a eligible applicant MUST hold or have held a ATPL with preference toward folks with Boeing and Airbus rating. Also, have you heard of any cadets coming back from ADL and taking up a Simulator Instructor position? Probably not.

Now for First Officer, as an aspiring pilot as you call yourself, do you have at least a ballpark idea about the required experience level to even qualify for this position? Please, let me help you. Nevermind the fact that with Cathay, they are talking about a First Officer of a Wide Body jet. Do you think the cadets returning to HKG from ADL with <300 hours and a shiny new license even qualify for this position? Again, probably not (unless you're severely deluded). On the other hand, as a passenger, would you feel safe knowing that your First Officer JUST got his/her license? Think about it.

Finally we have Second Officer.. please do us all a favour and just Google it. If it isn't painfully obvious to you at this point, I'm not sure if you're ready for this.

Don't get me wrong, I like to be spoonfed too, but only when both my arms are in casts from being broken. Sometimes the difference between asking a meaningful question and asking a dumb question is one Google click away.

Cheers mate.
J