PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-less Airliners
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2014, 23:34
Mach E Avelli

Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts
Surely, when (not if - when) we have aircraft controlled remotely by geeks at consoles in fortified bunkers, airborne terrorism will be neutered. How are the bad guys going to assume control in flight, if there is nothing for them to control? Sure they could blow the odd aircraft out of the sky; maybe even eventually find a way to hack into the control system from the ground. Though are they really smarter than the people who will build the system in the first place? Evolution suggests not; that mob haven't invented anything useful in 2000 years. In any case, a driverless train or football stadium or shopping mall would give them better results and even further damage their cause.
If I am around to see it, knowing that the weakest link is sometimes the pilot (perhaps more in some parts of the world than others, but no country or race is exempt from breeding substandard pilots), I will certainly fly as a passenger on pilotless aircraft. Take my chances that the geeks are not having a bad hair day.