PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt. Lt. Sean Cunningham inquest
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2014, 21:53
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Not at all, Easy Street, I'm glad to see that my mantra has been noticed! Would that its message had taken similar hold within the MOD, which brings us to your challenge:-
Three - To Chug et al, do you really believe that today's VSOs would deliberately drag the good name of junior personnel in their premier PR and recruiting tool through the mud for the sole purpose of diverting attention from a finding that calls into question the conduct of some long-retired VSOs who now have zero influence over their careers? Especially when DG MAA was himself retiring, and when CAS is the self-same officer whose findings in the Mull board were turned over by the malign cabal?
Well, they weren't averse to dragging the good names of two deceased JOs through the mire for a decade and a half, and if you talk to some of them would do so for another decade and a half. My answer in short is yes, just as it was when asked if I was challenging the good word of honourable VSOs. I think you underestimate the grip that the Star Chamber has on its inmates. It has something of the Victorian Public School about it. One Star or below and you are expendable, two or more and you are fireproof. That's how it's worked to-date. Let us hope that the CAS is the one who changes it all and enables Regulation and Investigation to resume as they did in... well, Vulcan's days.
Having said that, I do not offer opinion about the state of the RAFAT, as I do not know. What I do know is that this accident was caused by lack of Airworthiness, and that the SI failed us and Flt Lt Cunningham by not saying that. We must ask ourselves why that was.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 10th Feb 2014 at 22:04.