PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flt. Lt. Sean Cunningham inquest
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2014, 21:50
Genstabler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy Street

I understand your point about tall poppies. You are right. There will always be arrogant individuals at the top of their game who, if not reigned in, will exceed their limits and screw up.

Do you personally know the Reds? Have you met them? Watched them train, display and relax? If you have, then you will know that everything about their culture and ethos is based on the highest professional standards, safety and on TEAM work. That is why their pilot selection process, though unusual, works. They do not want or tolerate selfish individuals. They need to trust and be trusted. To honour their neighbour's airspace and to know that he will honour their's. That is their group think. Young civilian psychologists with no experience of, or exposure to, the Team can't get that. It goes against the stereotype. For that matter, a lot of guys who post on Pprune can't or won't get it either.

The SI comments on the Team's culture, ethos and selection procedures are garbage. A less arrogant, or more professional and well balanced group of young men I have yet to meet, and believe me I've met a lot.

That's me done. Believe what you like.