PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Justin Bieber smoking drugs on leased GIV.
Old 10th Feb 2014, 16:40
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are all you pilots so opposed to smoking on the flight? My understanding is that it used to be very commonplace and that all the airplanes are still designed to be able to handle smoke through their air systems, even if the intent is probably tobacco smoke.
Actually, aircraft systems don't handle smoke that well. Over time, tar builds up in the pressurisation controller which eventually leads to a system failure. Also, the furnishings hang on to the many of the smells and they don't leave. This is why a smoker's car is less valuable than a non-smoker's car in the second hand market.

But the deal is, if you own the plane, it's yours to smoke in. Otherwise, it's part of the deal that you don't unless you have a negotiated as part of the price. After all, who wants to step off an aircraft smelling like they've been sitting in an ashtray? And then we have to consider the Flight Attendant. She should not have to breathe their smoke.

Then there's the behaviour aspect to consider. The FA's are on board to look after you. They are on your side. People with good manners appreciate that. Therefore, the last thing you do is abuse them. That is stepping over the line. Fortunately, the air charter world is so small that this lovely little diva will have charter rates that reflect his behaviour.

However, I don't think we won't have to put up with him for too long. At 19 he's already come off the rails. My money is a on stint or two in jail (he will get a sore bottom, won't he) followed by either a Winehouse or traditional car crash ending. I'll have to get a price on his demise. There would be something satisfying making a few quid on him popping his clogs.

PM