PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Justin Bieber smoking drugs on leased GIV.
Old 10th Feb 2014, 16:01
tuna hp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are all you pilots so opposed to smoking on the flight? My understanding is that it used to be very commonplace and that all the airplanes are still designed to be able to handle smoke through their air systems, even if the intent is probably tobacco smoke.

Cannabis popularity has increased dramatically over the last couple decades. Support for legalization has reached over 50% for the first time ever according to reputable nationwide polls. Plus, lots of people are prescribed it by their doctors now.

When flying private is so expensive, and when another perk is that you don't go through normal airport security, I find it hard to believe that there haven't ALWAYS been customers going back decades that saw illicit drug use at altitude as being part of the deal. Yeah, Justin Bieber is easy to hate, but I find it hard to believe that if you're piloting chartered Gulfstreams you haven't been flying around your fair share of passengers doing coke in the aft lav, if not openly at the conference table.

Plus, the idea that the pilots would become intoxicated inhaling secondhand smoke is laughable. Isn't the whole volume of cabin air changed out with fresh air every couple minutes?