PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin blinds closed on a daylight flight.
Old 10th Feb 2014, 15:21
Tray Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I just say, as cabin crew… I never tell anyone to close a window blind on a day flight.

After all, it IS a daylight flight, and I know that a lot of people who chose to sit next to the window do so because they wish to look out of it, or prefer natural light.

We still carry eye shades for people who wish to have them and I will even defend the "right" (if you want to call it that…) of the people at the window to keep it open.

There are odd occasions where I may ask someone at the window to lower the blind some what, say for example, when bright direct sunlight is shining directly onto someones IFE screen, or something like that. I, however, never ask them to close it, just pull it down a little.

I was once shouted and screamed at by a French man in Club, because some people had their window blinds open. He was telling me that it was BA policy to close window blinds on daylight flights, which it is not, and that he would never sleep because of the light in the cabin… Needless to say, he slept for about 6 hours, snoring like a tractor for most of it, so the light must have been very bad.

Either way, we are not all bad when it comes to things like this.