PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the future of the Red Arrows?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2014, 10:45
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
More seriously, this thread is reflecting some real truths. We can't, actually, afford the luxury of the "World's best aerobatic team" (or whatever hype you want to put on it). The recent SI illustrates how, as well as the aforementioned arrogance, undermanning and lack of funds has created an organisation that is a danger to its own members and the general public.
Well that's really insightful! An SI has been completed and recommendations made, into an incident some time ago. Obviously you believe that the RAF is so arrogant that it would not act upon any recommendations? Despite the prevelance of HSAW and corporate manslaughter laws?? You believe that the Air Force hierarchy would just allow or be allowed to put team members and the general public in "danger"? How naive is that?

I haven't read the full SI, so I would be intrigued to get your view on which "rules" were broken?

Now as for undermanning and lack of funds, there I have to agree with you, but that applies to almost every aircraft type across all 3 services. That's what comes of salami slicing manpower, taking "savings measures" against servicing and spares, moving to a "just-in-time" spares policy regardless of how much additional stress that places on those that have to implement it and hollowing out Defence generally through contractorization and use of "business practice" across key areas.