PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Reality Checkride.
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2014, 10:36
TheNakedTrader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway...so what options do I have with an FAA CPL MEIR once I have gotten it? Seriously... I have no idea.

Firstly, as mentioned in the previous thread, I am not from the USA. Unless I end up marrying an American gal, there's no way I'd get a green card, much less the right to live and work in the USA.

Secondly, I haven't got a 4 year college degree required by most US airlines. I've got GCE A levels, which equates to Year 12 or High School. Yes, I did qualify for University. But the rebellious side of me got better and I dropped out altogether.

So basically, my options to utilize my FAA licenses in the States are close to none.

The only option I have?

Get an FAA Airbus 320 or B737 PIC TypeRating and then look for some line training agency that has links to airlines that WILL take in FAA license holders. Yes... P2F basically..

Yes, I know I'm gonna get flamed. But really, the way i look at it, that seems to be the only way to go..

Another thing to look at would be the FAA to EASA Conversion Route.

This means I would need to

1) Get an EASA Class 1 Medical issued by the UK CAA

2) Pass all 14 ATPL exams

3) CPL Skills Test/IR conversion/MEP conversion

4) Self Sponsored Jet Orientation Course

5) Self Sponsored Multi Crew Co-op Course

6) Self Sponsored B737 or A320 Type Rating

Here's a little problem..the EASA CLass 1 Medical is waaaay more anal than the FAA First Class. My myopia meets the requirements, but based on what I recall, my astigmatism overshoots by 0.25.

Even if I do miraculously get my astigmatism lowered to the acceptable limits, and I walk away with all the EASA Licenses, it's still back to the good old question of WHAT'S NEXT?