PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PrivatAir
Thread: PrivatAir
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2014, 13:52
Kestrell820

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PTI

Sorry guys,
but I think I have to clarify some stuff about PTI.
First of all, nobody is leaving any sinking ship!!! (No idea which ship is actually sinking!!!???)
I donīt know were you have this info from sean, but its not true.
There are a couple of scandinavians (I think 3) returning closer to home, and some FOīs leaving FRA base for other reasons,
buts thats it! EC-Air is expanding like crazy and PTI gets 2 NGīs and 1 767 in the next months. This will be, by the way, also connected with some upgrades. Its true that Africa is still not politically the safest environment, but for the forseeable future it looks quite promising in Congo.
Regarding the contract, you will have a nice inverview, were all the facts will be provided. For now its 15/15 but it might change a bit to 16/14.
Atmosphere in BZV among pilots is super, but as its still Africa, there are lots of things not ideal. Also to call the ops "boring" is wrong! Maybe the work in the cabin is boring Sean, but in the FD, it is quite challinging to fly up and down in the ITCZ every day. The number of destinations is rising every couple of months. They just announced to start flying to DXB 31st of March.
There are definatly possibilities to change base after a while. Generally PTI has different bases for their different operations, so its hard to tell which ones are available or which ones come up.
About the selection I canīt say a lot as it changed a bit the last years. Its a psychological test, 2 interviews, SIM check.
If you like a low cost ops for a carrier like RYR with 6on/3off, then PTI is definatly the wrong place!! I my eyes its still a very good company with a fantastic bunch of pilots! There is some bitching like everywhere, but thats normal I guess.