PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right to bear arms (Split Duh!)
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2003, 20:40
Pilgrim101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jackonico

Eloquently argued but I note you conveniently fail to mention the number of times Tony Martin and his run down farm had been targeted by these pariahs and others. One of the arguments put forward by the establishment for not releasing Martin before his demanded due apology or any normal parole period is that they "couldn't guarantee his safety". If the police had been called as many times by Martin as reported during the court case without offering him the protection he was due then we shouldn't be surprised if this admittedly eccentric man finally snapped.

He is certainly not one of my "heroes" and I am certainly not gung ho far right and I suggest you temper your words until you get to know me better. I am prepared to bet that I have seen the effects of indiscriminate violence at first hand a lot more than you and present my thoughts in that perspective.

I'm not advocating the retention of handguns in UK by the way but I figure if the local Albanian and Yardie hoods (for example) can carry and fire them with apparent impunity then where do we go next ?