PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for pilots to test new pilot app
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2014, 12:25
wb9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have installed it on my HTC One. I appreciated the app is free and that it may be an early version, but it was very difficult to use it. I hope the info below helps you to make some user interface changes.

The menu scrolls over the header.
The app repeatedly crashes while I entering a flight ("Unfortunately, Target Pilot Pal has stopped"). It took me 4 attempts to enter a flight.
The purple gradient background is a bit garish. Is it possible to have black text on a white background?
The logbook manager header is hidden behind the app title, so I can't see the column names.
I can't enter night and IFR partial flight times - the flight is all day or night, no part day/night. Same with IFR.
I can't seem to edit or delete a flight. I can click on a flight, but nothing else happens.
After entering the route, I have to hide the keypad to be able to continue. Scrolling doesn't move me down the page if the keypad is displayed.
If I enter a flight as PUT, how/where do I enter the captain's name?
The app keeps changing orientation. The logbook is landscape only, but flight entry is portrait only. So I have to keep turning the phone.