PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian A320neo order
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2014, 14:38
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADM my credit to you, your passion for your current employer is admirable. And that is said with absolute genuine sentiment from one professional to another.

I agree time will tell. However my point is that the whole thing needs a shake up it needs something new something different a role it looks like NAS are playing with integrity humility and intelligence.

The whole thing needs the baton taking off MOL as he has been leading the way for long enough now, and whether you like to agree or mot ezy have been operating within his slipstream albiet without his rough edges.

The general direction hasnt been good for the crews either side of the flightdeck doors. Even considering the financial state these accountancy experts and bankers have managed to get just about the whole of Europe into. It is clear to see the general direction has been downwards for the crews which also has an obvious effect knock on effect on other higher quality operators

The 200 hour wonder kids you refer to, well both ezy and ryr have been pushing these in extraordinarily large numbers into the european market now for long enough, leaving experienced guys out on a limb when their own operators have been pushed out of business by the very expansions of ryr and ezy.

I understand your point about tre's exactly and I do agree with your angle on that one. However the 200 hour wonder kids you refer to are, as far as I can see, are recruited by your company in the similar sort of volume as ryr.

Time will tell, hopefully NAS do utilise new hire cadets as part of their expansion plan but dont blatantly abuse this stream of new pilots. I think its fair to say most people I personally speak to during my work, do not appreciate the effect ryr's aggressive modus operandi is having on the wider industry. Unfortunately ezy have done precious little to address this slide, merely sat in ryr's slipstream trying to keep business good by offering something slightly higher quality.

Not personal from me to any individual nor even an operator id hate to think of NAS expansion costing ezy or ryr or anybody else to lose their job. I am personally willing NAS and I not employed by them, I just feel they maybe a last chance of some humility returning and also a distancing from this dumbing down that the locos seem intent on.

Lots of airbuses and boeings in europe hitting ryr and ezy head on cannot be a bad thing.