PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian A320neo order
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2014, 12:00
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wifi technology

You are correct there is a fuel penalty for the wifi hump, as for naff technology, well its not perfect, but for e-mail, Facebook which according to the providers data logging thats what most use it for its just fine, yes you can get outages due I'm told tail blanking and some geo-location that are prohibited, but most of the time it works OK and it is free!!! more importantly customers love it.

I have used both FaceTime and Skype (whilst positioning) and it was acceptable and like most things the tech is getting better all the time, at the moment its one of Norwegian's USP

I have no doubt that EZY management are feeding the haemorrhaging money line, just has NAS management are telling us LGW is exceeding all expectations, one thing is for sure it's given easyJet a wake up call at LGW judging by easyJets revamping in LGW and Monarch haven't a clue whats hit them on the Canary Isle routes out of LGW

On costs CAPA quotes easyJet & Norwegian as neck and neck as indeed does Norwegians investor relations info (like easyJet it a Publicly quoted company)

Long haul for now is not on easyJets radar, but for Norwegian its an integral part of the game plan with inbound traffic feeding L/H out of LGW, remember that unlike other LoCo's you can already book through tickets to destinations not already served by direct flights hub-ing through OSL/CPH/ARN/LGW

easyJets product is fine, Ryanair does what it says on the tin and is probably a bigger threat to easyJet as it revamps its product, Monarch is very mixed and OTP is woeful, Thomson is excellent and Jet2 is good if your on a 738, but i have yet to get off any of the above and think well that was better than Norwegian, Thomson is closest, so its not just about uniforms and yes costs are king, time will tell.