PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian A320neo order
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2014, 09:00
Three Lions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline pilots walking round in anoraks...cabin crew looking less than imaculate.... may seem off topic to some but it says it all really about the values and gives insight into the stature of some airlines and how they are comfortable portraying their employees, and how some airlines obviously see the career of pilot and cabin crew in the professional ladder in europe.

The fact its seen as unimportant in some quarters of the crews gives an insight to the level of indoctrination and conditioning that has taken place. Especially in UK and Irl with the two big locos

Getting back on topic, hopefully Norwegian continue on their current plan and bring the airbuses in and sooner rather than later. And manage to put both ryr and ezy on the back foot. This can only be good for the european industry as a whole. Its clear to see ryr are taking notice of the threat

there is a place for a loco in europe there obviously is and hopefully Norwegian lead the way forward in europe take centre stage and have such a presence they can somehow stall the race to the bottom led by the blue and orange army and play an imortant part in lifting the profession and stature back where it should be. Not where the accountant cynically driven business plans are looking to drive it to.

My hope is that NAS can show it isnt impossible to operate safely with a quality service and to make profits without having to dumb it all down.

From where im looking NAS are the breath of fresh air it all needs. For sure MOL has changed tack regarding customer relations because he can obviously see what is coming. For all his faults he isnt lacking intelligence. Im sure ezy are making plans to survive the NAS expansion too. If they arent then they should be

I too watch with interest. Over the last two years it has been very noticeable how there has been an increasing number of portraits looking down from the fins of 73s all over europe. For me it has been warming to see.