PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resume Writing - Advices Needed
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2014, 17:23
RTN11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's plenty of advice out there, using google or the search function on this site will give you plenty of good advice, and even templates.

The absolute key is that it is NO MORE than one side of A4, and that it is concise and eye catching. I used a nice header which then contained my Name and contact details (I then used the exact same header on a covering letter).

Put hours and relevant information at the top, if you know a company has a minimum requirement that you know you exceed, make it clear by stating the hours, possibly even in bold. Often the first filter through a pile of CVs will be a secretary who knows absolutely nothing about flying. They will be working from a checklist saying 250 hours total time, or whatever, so if it's not clear you exceed this then it could be binned before anyone relevant gets to see it. I know this happened to a few friends, as they found out, the minimum requirement was a CPL & 200 hours total time, they hadn't made clear they had 200 hours so got canned, when most would realise they must have 200 hours to have the CPL.

The rest, keep it brief and relevant to keep the length down.

Put a couple of bullet points of "other interests" at the bottom, just to show you're well rounded.

The only purpose of the CV is to grab someone's attention, let them know you meet the bare minimum and get an interview. It's at the interview that you can waffle on about the time you cycled across Europe, wrote a paper on the differing speed at which humming birds can hover, or whatever other crazy interests you wish to boast about.