PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right to bear arms (Split Duh!)
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2003, 09:40
West Coast

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Jacko
I often find myself quietly agreeing with your position. Here however we divurge. I like others here keep weapons in the household. I have to assume that if my house is being broken into at some god awful hour that the perp knows full well that I am home. I also assume he is armed. My number one priority is to my family, not to the continued health of someone who is breaking into my house.

It may not be my place to impose the death penalty, but damn well is my place to make sure he doesn't try to impose it himself while in my house or wherever danger finds me or my family.

We assign maintaince of law and order to appropriate agencies to paraphrase you. If he is in my house at two am, that law and order you speak of is already failed.

If you were subject to a home invasion and you had the means to ensure your family was kept safe by use of firearms, assuming you were trained in the use of such weapons, what would you do? Is your moral obligation to the thiefs health or that of your families?