PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways recruitment
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2014, 13:57
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The ethos of the company has changed a great deal since the early days when it was a great little airline. Now it's not such a little airline but, apparently, not very great. Still, it's a stepping stone company, which is something management knows perfectly well. If you've got nothing in the way of time or experience then you've got little to lose and if there's £8k in the training bond and you did get a better job offer, in other words a jet regional offer, you'd be able to pay back the bond pretty quickly anyway.
The sort of question I'd be asking is how well Eastern trained pilots are regarded in the industry for ongoing recruitment and how easy it is to leave Eastern before the expiration of any bond, always provided you're prepared to pay back the balance.
So, what's your contract of employment and how much notice do you have to provide.
I'd also want to have a look at the record of the Chief Pilot and/or Ops Manager. Rostering and Crewing will be there to make your lives miserable but these two guys can make it hell, depending on them, themselves. I know a couple of good guys who've left in the last few years because of problems along the above hinted lines but personnel may have changed.
You'd also benefit from knowing how tight the Chief Pilot at Eastern was with, say, his equivalent at Easy or anywhere else that might be a future stepping stone. One telephone call can wreck your onward chances good and proper.
There you go, a little complex and gratuitous advice.
Good luck.
O yes, if you've got that Cathay Pacific interview book committed to memory and Volume 1 of the Jeppesen Manual, you should be well enough prepared provided you bone up on the technicals of the aircraft you're currently flying, even if it's a Baron and also on the type and fleet you're looking to join.