PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Renewal - JAA/EASA?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2014, 09:30
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Changing a CAA PPL with lapsed ratings to an EASA PPL

For those who are worried that lapsed ratings would go on the back of the new EASA Licence and not be renewable I had this communication with the CAA FCL department:

I understand that if I replace my CAA PPL with an EASA PPL then my lapsed Ratings (Multi Engine and IMC) will only be entered into the comments section of the EASA PPL thus effectively preventing me from revalidating these ratings in the future.

Am I correct in this assumption? If I am, do I have until 9th April 2015 to revalidate my ratings or do they have to be revalidated by 8th April 2014?

Best regards,

LowNSlow

and the reply was:

Dear Mr LowNSlow

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that you are correct in stating that if your ratings are not current at the time of licence issue, then the ratings will appear on the reverse side of the new EASA licence. This however does not mean that you are no longer able to renew the rating, in order to renew the rating you will be required to attend refresher training at an EASA ATO and complete a LPC and submit the correct paperwork to our department for assessment. There is no date that this refresher training would need to be completed by.

Yours sincerely

Helpful Gentleman,

Personnel Licensing
Hub
UK Civil Aviation Authority

The names have been changed to protect the innocent !