PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 7th Feb 2014, 09:25
ChegeAviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Re-cap for Yesterday.

I can't really complain about yesterday. Yes, they kept us waiting for a really long time, but the Warrant Officer who was invigilating our room said he had never seen such a huge group in one day, so there were a few logistical issues that had to be sorted out last minute. My pal who was in a different room said that one person missed a paper because they weren't enough. This may have something to do with the fact that KQ didn't do any graduate recruitment last year and most of us who applied between March and December were called on one day. I'd hazard that we were about 300-350 yesterday and I talked to a pal who'd been called in for today's interview at around 9:20am and he said by the time verification of documents was ending, there were about 40 candidates. So in total we may be about 400, plus or minus a few.

As for the papers, I wasn't able to finish part 2 of Maths and the old chemical terms they used in the Chemistry section of the General Science paper left me blank. I can't complain about the rest of the sections.

The group I was in came out first so some of us stayed and had a chat with the guy who was returning our certificates as we waited for the rest. Well, as like every KQ employee, he swore by how free and transparent the ab initio recruitment process is and urged us not to be cheated otherwise. He gave us stories of high power individuals who tried to influence the system for their kids to no avail. He also said that KQ doesn't have a cut off number for the number of cadets that take to SA but the number is usually low because those are the ones that pass the selection processes. He said they (KQ) are praying for a miracle that as many as possible pass because they are critically short staffed. I asked him if hypothetically 100 people passed all stages, whether they would be taken and his response was that that was a miracle that they have been praying for for the longest time! Basically his explanation was that they receive the results from the outsourced testing agencies and those who've passed, proceed and those who've not don't. He insisted that KQ has nothing to do with selection until the last oral interview.

So ladies and gents, with this sort of encouraging news, let's all bring our A game to the remaining stages.