PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-less Airliners
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2014, 07:47
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys fully understand where some are coming from here, the insurance angle would be huge alone!
We lose ALL types of aircraft, manned, unmanned & whatever else mankind can dream up so the argument about that is very debatable I'd say.
We every now & then fly a perfectly good airfame into the side of a mountain even falling short of the Rwy on a clear day so having humans up front guarantees zip!:-) In fact the human element to all this (pilot) is probably the biggest issue against safety.

As they say you can make a 100 airframes identical right down to the smallest of switches but you will never make a 100 pilots anywhere near the same despite all the crap feel good CRM rubbish!.

'dogs x 2' I like that one but what makes you think some Airlines even offer crackers in the first place?

I can just see it now, Single Pilot Airliner the guy wants to take a dump(no easier way to put that) so he dings the CM, yes Capt, I need to go to the rest room would you please sit here & watch the 'shop'....but Capt what if something goes wrong? ....ahhh don't worry about it my dear I don't know what to do either as I have just been secondment-ed (whatever the word is for that) from the CRM Dept for the day

Wmk2