PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resume Writing - Advices Needed
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2014, 23:04
LastMinuteChanges

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Employment History:

If you've had a multitude of jobs between finishing school or university, and graduating from flying school, keep those that are relevant and those that show you have extra skills that would be beneficial to the airline or AOC operator you are applying to. For example, Teaching Substitute would be beneficial, as it shows leadership, confidence and level-headedness, whereas Taxi-Driver may not portray the same image if only done for a short period of time.

I wouldn't necessarily leave gaps of employment, as certainly in the UK, those businesses operating within the aviation industry like to know that the candidate has a solid five year history, so that he/she may pass security checks without issue.

Other Qualifications:

community work / school board experience, swimming, first aid...
These. But bullet-point them in to a list, perhaps entitled 'Other Qualifications'.

Personal Information:

If you're single, I'd put that on there, as it 'may' work in your favour - i.e. you're not tied down with a family and kids. Age/DOB may also be relevant to your future employer.

Nationality, Languages could be viewed as important. Also dependent on the employer's culture, whether you have played in a team for sports, or the interests you have - this could be listed in bullet point format too.

This is what I'd do, again, do not take it as gospel.

Good luck!