PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Select Star and Combat Ready Select Crews
Old 6th Feb 2014, 16:28
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FED, on our sqn we had an efficiency trophy. It was a silver plated 12.5lb practice bomb.

I noticed that it seemed to be awarded to the Select Star crew that had flown the most rangers in the period but more importantly failed to achieve its training stats.

Eventually we won the trophy. True to form we had failed to meet our training requirements as we had had a lot of overseas rangers.

As for Malta, better Luqa than El Adem

You also remind me, training and stats only counted if flown with your constituted crew. Getting super scores as a guest artist benefited neither crew.

PS, there were a number of simulated targets in the different bomb plots, around 20 or so. Some were very easy such as the NE corner of the SW hangar at Hemswell. This was therefore nominated as a training target. OTOH the centre of the lounge bar of the Hume Arms at Torksey was a classification target even though you could use Hemswell as the aiming point.

An attack on a classification target, with your constituted crew counted towards your classification target. However there were also rules to prevent you making a training attack on Torksey as a guest artist within 6 months of you subsequently using it as a classification target.

And would you believe there was a section of Clerk, Stats at High Wycombe that would pour over the quadruple twos (BC F Stats 2222) to ensure compliance.