PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resume Writing - Advices Needed
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2014, 09:55
RayBaron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resume Writing - Advices Needed

Hi all

I am presently running over my resume, and after reading a lot of sites with advices and hints, I still have a few questions – especially oppinions from you who are sitting at the other side of the nice polished desk to hire us pilots. Please note if you find difference between the areas Europe/America/Asia etc.

Employment history:
1. Should one include all the employment history including all small jobs in between relevant jobs.

2. Should one only include history of important and/or relevant jobs, e.g.:
Inlcude: Flying jobs, longer employment in other jobs like administraton/management.
Exclude: Non relevant, short or temporary in between jobs like shop assistant, taxi driving, teaching substitude etc.
3. Should one only include history of flying jobs – even if it is short term.

If choosing 2 og 3 above - Is it OK to leave gabs of periods between jobs (necessary) – even if one had a temporary job in the period if it is irrelevant?

Other qualifications:
What to include or not include? E.g. computer use level, management courses, community work / school board experience, swimming, first aid and much more – or eventually leave out other qualifications?

Personal information:
What to include or not include? Marital status, date of birth, number and eventually age of children, nationality, availability, languages and language levels, hobbies and interests, sport and so on?

All inputs are welcome - eventually please state which side of the desk you are sitting on.