PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DO NOT use Robert Weaver as a ferry pilot
Old 6th Feb 2014, 09:27
RenierKriek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down DO NOT use Robert Weaver as a ferry pilot

I work for a South African company that purchased a Cessna 206 from a company in the UK. We engaged Mr Robert Weaver's company, Sky Ferry, to undertake the ferry flight from the UK to South Africa.

Mr Weaver initially agreed to do the job, and we had certain conditions he was willing to agree to. One of the conditions was that a UK based family member and pilot would accompany Mr Weaver as a pilot to put our minds at ease.

The price was agreed and paid to Mr Weaver in good faith, after he informed us that most of the expenses would have to be carried by him upfront.

When the trip started, Mr Weaver decided that he did not like to have our representative with him and wanted out of the arrangement. On a telephone call with me, all three of us agreed that the ferry would not proceed and that he would repay our money to us (save for deductions for overflight permits already paid for and which would be usable by us). We also made practical arrangements with regard to the aircraft and equipment.

All of this just as background. Mr Weaver is adept at striking at these types of factual settings out in an attempt to discredit. So I accept that what appears above is a very summarised version of events. However, to this point, it does not form part of the complaint. The complaint is the following:

1. Weaver agreed to repay an amount and made the electronic transfer in the presence of our representative;
2. After our representative left, Weaver unilaterally changed the electronic transfer by deducting $3,300;
3.When questioned, Weaver asserted that this is the amount that ways paid to the overflight agents on our behalf and was still standing to our credit;
4. It transpires that he did not inform the overflight agent of the source of funds, and the agent accepted payment as being for Mr Weaver's large outstanding debt with them;
5. Weaver has never denied that the debt was due and was settled with our money;
6. However he flatly refuses to pay us the amount by which he was enriched.
7. Due to his unilateral decision not to proceed with the ferry, we suffered an additional $2,000 of damages, which we have decided not to pursue should we receive payment of the amount of $3,300.

I have experienced Mr Weaver to be unfair, dishonest and unreasonable. His reasons for cancelling the ferry were not only petty, he proceeded to effective steal $3,300 from us. He is not to be trusted, and I would seriously dissuade anyone from using the services of Mr Weaver or Sky Ferry.

I accept all contacts in this regard.