PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Important meetings held in Oslo by US and EU pilot unions
Old 6th Feb 2014, 01:19
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
empati

You are interviewed and selected by Norwegian, not the agency, you are allocated to an agency who look after the HR side of your employment, everything else is through Norwegian, you are not self employed, you are employed by the agency, its that simple.

Artie Fukin

If you live in euro land there are no exchange rate costs and social insurance is deducted at source ditto tax, what accountant fee's??? there are only a small % of british pilots and quite a few of them have had enough of the UK weather, UK airport staff security, traffic, surveillance society to last a life time and moved to warmer shores

No airline is perfect, but go down your local pub and ask how many are on a £100K doing a job they enjoy, more importantly as go around says its a nice place to be and a f**k sight better than a lot of other airlines right now.

I have said it before & i'll say it again, they " treat you like adults and ask only that you behave as such" so if you've got twenty years with your airline greatthen mind your own bloody business and take your Bob Crow pal's back to Jurassic park

This below from empati back in 2007
No offense intended! Just illustrating my frustation at this industry. Airline management is not really pulling towards flight safety, even though they like to state so in the media. We, the pilots, are the only group with true interest in (the expensive and crew demanding) flight safety.

Yes, take that first job! But don't stop applying other places. Hopefully those airlines with the worst working conditions will have such high turnaround of pilots, increasing cost, that they will have to improve their contracts.

By the way, Norwegian Air Shuttle hire very low timers (300 hours) even though their requirement is high. So keep at it.

Last edited by LNIDA; 6th Feb 2014 at 01:32.