PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2014, 00:34
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fairdealfrank , to put you out of your misery :

Manchester terminal 3 :

International connections do not need to go through Immigrations or Customs but all International to Domestic connections do.
Domestic to International connections can use the special Immigration check points if baggage is through-checked.

I don't know about BHX as it is always my O & D.

As I thought, that makes sense, although domestic to international would not need to do border control as leaving the UK.

Still shocked that there isn't similar at BHX.

MAN now has a facial recognition scan for all domestic passengers and staffed access to domestic gates with another facial scan. A massive pain in the a*** if like me you have the wrong kind of face for the stupid machine. The old bat on security told me I was "doing it wrong". Quite how in her confused state she thought I had another spare face I could do it better with was not made clear. Be careful what you wish for, it's just another stupid obstacle in the way of getting from A to B. This is to grow international to international connections. Now it's bad enough at LHR and LGW, but to put all domestic passengers through that pantomime for the minute number of people who connect internationally through T3 is just a poor passenger experience.

BHX be careful what you wish for.
LHR has had these arrangements it for ages: picture taken at security then checked at the gate, or, in the case of LHR-1, at the entrance to the domestic pier (what's left of it).

Not too much of a hardship, although the point has never been explained, a security issue of some sort perhaps. The photographs are destroyed once the flight has departed (allegedly).

Hey Skip, what's the "wrong kind of face"? Sounds like the railways, "wrong kind of snow/rain/leaves".