PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow CEO to retire
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2014, 00:14
pilot and apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello TM, I guess the mods want this here....

From your posts I was confident that you have a strong flying background. That is obvious. I find that on PPRuNe I am often adding to what I write to fend off the peanut gallery, bad habit I know. But I must say, given your often reference to the pilot as "sky god" in a most derogatory fashion, I wonder at how in touch with that past you are.

Happily, I no longer have a position higher than line driver, so these issues are no longer mine. I concentrate on getting the pax from A to B as comfortably as possible, and without incident.

One point to clarify, I referred to design experience, not airframe. New builds are fine. You should be well aware of the adage: "never fly the A model of anything". It's good advice.

I agree that cheap is not the best, but so often over the last few years I have seen we, the operators, given strict constraints by big money customers that defy [aviation] common sense. Later, when the inefficiency of these demands become obvious, it is 'our' fault. There is no winning.

If your employer is truly as wonderful as you portray here, then I applaud you. Thus far, I have not seen the like in real life.

As for the 135 quip, it is the logical extension of the sum total of all the comfort and exposure comments made on the various 225 and Puma threads. Taken to the extreme result. It's absurdity should put a spotlight on much of the highly shortsighted comments made by both sides.