PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing down during final approach.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2014, 22:46
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had no idea of your real background Riverrock, I thought maybe you were an airline pilot flying the Bus because you brought the Airbus into the discussion.

Alpha floor protection in normal law is to prevent the pilots from stalling the airplane in the low speed segment of flight....remember what happened to that crew over the Atlantic in the ITCZ turbulence...the airplane was in law alternate and they stalled it.
No willie waving required!

For sure I understand that can sometimes enter these conversations and it can be difficult to separate willie wagging from someone speaking from practical experience...........quite often I get my willie slapped by posters accusing me of ego....but somewhere there has to be a benchmark from which ones opinions can be measured ...so I often use my past qualifications to reinforce an opinion on the subject under discussion.

It would not be socially acceptable for me to have to post proof of the size of my willie...but I can post proof of my qualifications without fear of the moderators binning it. .