PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Family needs a bit of help.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2014, 17:06
TomJoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wallah,

Happy to donate what I can. I lost my father to cancer while I was going through IOT. Detection and treatment being what it was back then gave us 3 months notice to prepare, come to terms and make our peace. Being just a kid I didn't think about it at the time but if there is any solace in this dreadful condition then the time it sometimes permits can be a gift. I'm treading on eggshells here I don't want to say the wrong thing so please forgive me if I have. I'm old enough now to look back and appreciate the real and lasting value in that time I had with my dad. He even managed to make it to the graduation - he did his national service at RAF Cranwell as an airman and I know that meant a lot to him. You sound as though you have done your level best by your family in your preparation and with help from the Abbey Wood team and the Rainbow Centre. Take some comfort please knowing that your family will benefit from that; I still do with respect to my dad. I don't know how to end this so I'm just going to say sorry If I have said the wrong thing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Off to donate now.

To anyone else thinking about donating all I would say is that these support agencies really do make a difference, especially to the families. It's a donation well made.

Tom